The U.S. News & World Report Best Colleges guidebook has once again ranked Dominican University of California as one of the top regional universities in the West. Dominican was ranked 23 in the “Best Regional Universities – West” category in the 2020 edition of the guidebook. This is a two-point increase from last year and a seven-point increase from 2018.
The western region includes California, Oregon, Washington, Texas, Utah, Colorado, Idaho, Hawaii, Arizona, Nevada, New Mexico, Oklahoma, and Alaska. Regional universities provide a full range of undergraduate and master’s programs.
Other rankings in the “Best Regional Universities – West” category include:
• Campus Ethnic Diversity. Dominican tied for the #2 spot in the West and #1 in California
• Top Performers for Social Mobility
• Best Value School
• A+ School for B Students
U.S. News incorporates criteria such as peer assessment, graduation and retention rates, faculty resources, student selectivity, financial resources, and alumni giving.
The U.S. News ranking is among a growing list of accolades earned by Dominican in the past year.
• In September, Dominican again ranked in the top third of colleges and universities nationally in the Wall Street Journal/Times Higher Education College Ranking 2020. The ranking focuses on a university’s ability to deliver valuable outcomes and quality education. Dominican was ranked joint 224 out of 801 institutions.
• Also in September, College Raptor, a leading college planning platform, named Dominican to its 2020 Best College in the United States rankings and its 2020 Hidden Gem list. The University ranks in the top 25 among best colleges in the Northwest and best colleges with the highest acceptance rates.
• Dominican was named a 2019-2020 College of Distinction by the Colleges of Distinction college guide. The guide assesses colleges and universities in several categories, including an institution’s first-year experience, retention, career development, and student satisfaction. Schools must exemplify four distinctions: engaged students, great teaching, vibrant community, and successful outcomes. The University also received specialized recognition for innovation in four specific areas: Business (Barowsky School of Business); Education; Nursing; and Career Development. These discipline-based awards are based on such qualities as breadth of the program and track record of success.
• Money magazine includes Dominican on its list of Best Colleges for Your Money 2019. The publication ranked schools using 26 factors in three categories: quality of education, affordability, and outcomes.
• A 2017 study published by the New York Times examining colleges as engines of upward
mobility placed Dominican in the top 11 of 578 selective private colleges in the United States for social mobility.
Located 12 miles north of the Golden Gate Bridge in Marin County, Dominican delivers personal attention and real-world opportunities for students to flourish in college and in careers. The University’s nationally recognized signature program, the Dominican Experience, empowers students to find their own way while surrounded by a network of support, opportunity, and innovation.