Dominican University of California has again ranked in the top third of colleges and universities nationally in the Wall Street Journal/Times Higher Education college survey focused on a university’s ability to deliver valuable outcomes and quality education for its students.
Dominican was ranked joint 224 out of 801 institutions nationally in the Wall Street Journal/Times Higher Education College Ranking 2020. The higher education guide is designed to place graduate achievement and student learning at its center.
The ranking adopts a balanced scorecard approach using 15 individual performance metrics, grouped into four pillars representing:
• Outcomes (40%): The propensity of an institution to contribute to student success.
• Resources (30%): An institution’s resources available to support education.
• Engagement (20%). The ability of an institution’s degree programs and teaching to stimulate learning.
• Environment (10%): The diversity and inclusiveness of an institution’s environment.
Data sources include the Times Higher Education U.S. Student Survey, the Times Higher Education Academic Reputation Survey, along with public data from IPEDS, the College Scorecard, and Federal Student Aid on areas including completion rates and graduate employment.
• Dominican was named a 2019-2020 College of Distinction by the Colleges of Distinction college guide. The guide assesses colleges and universities in several categories, including an institution’s first-year experience, retention, career development, and student satisfaction. Schools must exemplify four distinctions: engaged students, great teaching, vibrant community, and successful outcomes. The University also received specialized recognition for innovation in four specific areas: Business (Barowsky School of Business); Education; Nursing; and Career Development. These discipline-based awards are based on such qualities as breadth of the program and track record of success.
• College Raptor, a leading college planning platform, has named Dominican to its 2020 Best College in the United States rankings and its 2020 Hidden Gem list. The University ranks in the top 25 among best colleges in the Northwest and best colleges with the highest acceptance rates.
• Money magazine includes Dominican on its list of Best Colleges for Your Money 2019. The publication ranked schools using 26 factors in three categories: quality of education, affordability, and outcomes.
• A 2017 study published by the New York Times examining colleges as engines of upward
mobility placed Dominican in the top 11 of 578 selective private colleges in the United States for social mobility.
Located 12 miles north of the Golden Gate Bridge in Marin County, Dominican delivers personal attention and real-world opportunities for students to flourish in college and in careers. The University’s nationally recognized signature program, the Dominican Experience, empowers students to find their own way while surrounded by a network of support, opportunity, and innovation.